We have tried all sorts of disguises to get pills into our hounds - pills wrapped in ham, dipped in paté, smothered in cream cheese...you name it we've tried it.
When we created our range of luxury treats, our aim was to produce the best tasting treats possible; something very special - a real TREAT for dogs. We have since discovered that we have created something that is a bit of a treat for human medication dispensers too.
Our Salmon Bites with Sweet Potato are ideal for smuggling tablets into due to their soft centres. Many of our customers stock up on our 600g tubs because they have to feed their hounds tablets on a daily basis, and using this technique makes the whole process easy, and even enjoyable (especially for the hound!). Best of all they are low in fat and are made with 50% fresh salmon containing the extremely beneficial Omega-3.
Our Top Technique:
- Take a single Salmon Bite
- Make a small piercing in the sausage and slip the tablet in
- If necessary squash the meaty filling to hold the tablet in place
- Pop in your hound's mouth
- Wait for the tongue contortion
- Hmm, it's not happening...
- Wonder why you didn't try this sooner
- Stock up ready for the next time
We'd love to hear your tablet taking tips.
The Innocent Hound Team